We are a dynamic and creative education company that lives and breathes our values internally as well as what we deliver to our customers. We firmly believe in investing in the right people, and we will provide training and development to help you reach the top of your craft and perform at the pinnacle of your talent.
If you have a burning desire to help children learn through art, a value system of integrity and excellence and are looking for an opportunity to shine… you’ve found your Sparkly home!
Deep Space Sparkle provides lesson plans, Curriculum’s and a supportive community to help teachers and parents thrive by creating meaningful art with their students. Our resources help teachers deliver a quality art experience to their students while reinforcing their value and achieving work-life balance.
Founded in 2009 by Patty Palmer, a former K-6 art teacher and author of Draw, Paint, Sparkle | Creative Projects from an Elementary Art Teacher, Patty offers insights into what it’s like to teach art inside a classroom through her blog, Deep Space Sparkle (named after a Crayola crayon color!) and now through our art teacher membership site, The Sparklers’ Club and through workshops and courses.
Here’s who you would work with as a member of Team Sparkle:
The Creative Team
We have supported over 20K art teachers inside The Sparklers’ Club by helping them bring their best creative self to their art room. Our team of art educators know a thing or two about what it takes to help art teachers and their students thrive…
Each lesson goes through hours of research, testing, review and a long publishing process before it ends up in our membership.
We know how important making each minute count in the art room and we don’t want teachers to waste time or supplies.
Deep Space Sparkle is a website devoted to art teachers and the first membership devoted entirely to art teachers. Our content is created in our Santa Barbara facilities and delivered to our customers, members and communities worldwide.
Our team is passionate about improving the lives of art teachers and home-educators.
– Committed to publishing ideas, videos, lesson plans and teaching resources each and every week that inspire and delight both our website visitors and our 10K members.
– Ignited by a passion to make everything meet our Sparklers Standards of Excellence… from our internal minutes to our video tutorials, our drawing guides and illustrations. We value that a lesson plan is both inspiring for a teacher to open as well as rigorous enough to ensure the highest quality of art education.
– Passionate about sharing free resources, providing informative videos and helping teaching tips on our social media channels.
– Pushing the boundaries of video editing to ensure that children are engaged and excited to make art. We devote hundreds of hours each year filming content for our membership and workshops and always true to be better than the last cut.
– Determined to make our member’s experience the best it can be by going above and beyond in service of our teachers.
CREATIVE: We are creative thinkers and always consider alternative solutions to sticky problems. We apply our Sparkly Standards of Excellence to everything we do.
CUSTOMER-FOCUSED: We only make products and offer services that help art teachers feel uplifted, inspired and supported. If we aren’t creating the best experience for our teachers, we try again.
CURIOUS: We strive to innovate and create new products and experiences. We stay curious so we can ask the questions that help us of our jobs better ans serve our customers better then anyone else.
If you are a passionate, driven, roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person, we think you just may have found your new home!
Deep Space Sparkle believes in rewarding our team members for their fabulous contributions.
Our full time team members enjoy paid time off, health benefits, 401K matching and wonderful days at work in our sunny and bright Santa Barbara studio.
Our entire team, remote and local, love coming together for our annual retreat for some well deserved relaxation and bonding.